Best Filing Practices for Corporate & Business
- Make check payable to Nebraska Secretary of State and include copies of all correspondence received from our office regarding your filing when resending.
- Documents submitted for filing must contain the complete exact true business entity name. You can check your corporate name
which has been filed with our office by doing a free Corporate & Business name search on our website at:
- Mail documents to:
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 94608, Lincoln, NE 68509-4608
Overnight Mailing Address: 1445 K St., Room 1301, Lincoln, NE 68509
Location: State Capitol, Room 1301, Lincoln, NE 68509
- Include your name and phone number please but not within your document as they are scanned into our system and become a public record viewable by anyone
searching our system via the internet.
- Check your proposed business name for availability before creating your documents via e-mail at
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Documents must be signed, and include printed name and persons title.
- Type or print legibly
- Submit filings to our office in duplicate (2 copies)
This guidance document is advisory in nature but is binding on an agency until amended by such agency. A guidance document does not include internal procedural documents that only affect the internal operations of the agency and does not impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties or include confidential information or rules and regulations made in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. If you believe that this guidance document imposes additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties, you may request a review of the document.