Registering to Vote
No Waiting Period. There is no waiting period to register to vote in Nebraska. You may register to vote the same day you become a Nebraska resident.
Ways to Register to Vote. Here are some convenient ways to register to vote in Nebraska:
- An online voter registration application can be printed for your use. You must mail your application to your county election office. Addresses for the offices are listed on the form.
- You may register in person at your county election office.
- You may register through the state Department of Motor Vehicles when applying for or renewing your driver's license.
Deadlines to Register to Vote. The following are the deadlines to register to vote in Nebraska:
- Mail-in registrations must be postmarked by the third Friday preceding an election.
- Registrations completed at the state Department of Motor Vehicles must be completed by the third Friday preceding an election.
- Individuals may register in person at your county election office prior to 6 p.m. on the second Friday preceding an election.
Click here to obtain a voter registration application.
Click here to obtain contact information for county election offices.
If you are from out of state, click here to find the appropriate contact information for your state.